Monday, June 25, 2012

How I became an Avon mommy

As I negotiate with my daughter about the merits of cleaning her room, I am grateful for this blessing I have. My name is Amie Croteau and I am a work at home mommy with two awesome kids, a husband, and mother-in law who is also my business partner (yes, I can actually work and live with my mother-in-law and we get along quite well!) God has blessed me with the chance to be at home with my kids, which I prayed for seven years ago after my son was born.

I worked most of my life, in high school, through college and into married life. We are your typical middle income American family trying to make ends meet. My husband, mother-in-law and I all worked full time and the kids spent many hours in daycare. As a family we decided that we needed to provide the one on one attention that kids really need, and quit spending some much time in childcare. Easy decision, no. It was very hard, it meant giving up a few luxuries and a little bit of security. However, once the last extra bill was paid off I put in my two weeks notice. But, I still needed to be able to provide an income for our family as well. This is how our Avon story took off. All this time my mother-in-law was pushing to make Avon her dream, to quit her job and work Avon full-time. She struggled while caring for her ailing mother and still pushing her full-time position. She and I put our heads together and decided two was better than one. So, while I was working my 50-60 hours jobs she was plugging away at hers and growing our Avon business. She sacrificied
her time and energy to allow me the chance to begin this journey with the kids. This afforded me to quit my job a year ago and be able to stay at home with my kids and work our Avon business. We are now Executive Unit Leaders with a team of over 200 representative who we help and mentor. My kids and I also stay busy with church, sports, scouts, and other activities. I am able to do all the things I was too tired, too stressed, and too worried to do. Dinners, bedtimes, homework, dancing in the street, singing show tunes, waterfights in the living room, the list goes on and on.

This entire process of going from a working mommy to a work at home mommy has taught me so many lessons. I feel like this year has been a lesson in triumph, heartbreak, time management, money management, and security. I've battled the opinions, the assumptions, and the struggles and I sometimes feel like we're still battling but I know God may bend us but he won't break us. Plus, every struggle we've faced as we began this journey has made us as a family only stronger.

So, my goal is to show you some ways to save money as I dabble in couponing, fun ideas for the kids, great ways to make $ including starting your own Avon business and how to thrive in it. I'm also a sucker for the inspirational and have a strong desire to read, so I plan on sharing different book recommendations and ideas with you all. I'll share some of my struggles and success stories and would love to hear yours. I have personal reviews on Avon products and great recommendations with special deals for my blog readers. I'm promising interesting tid bits of info along the way, not sure how many., but guaranteeing tid bits :)

Thank you for taking interest in my blog and I look forward to welcoming you on our journey.

No comments: